It was only recently when my other half whipped up some dairy free scones for breakfast one day that I decided I didn't really have any excuses not to enjoy some time in the kitchen again...
I'm blogging a very simple recipe today which I made in under 15mins in the run up to a family movie night. Removing dairy from my diet means that food like flavoured crisps etc are generally a 'no go'. As me and the boys sat down to watch a film one night, I realised that whilst I'd made them snacks - I had nothing to snack on for myself. Gutted!
I knew I had some tortilla wraps that needed using up so I decided to have a go at baking them in the oven - with a sweet twist...
I started by brushing them with melted dairy free margarine, then coated them in cinnamon sugar before popping them in the oven for 10mins to crisp up.
These are so moreish and easy to make - they also last really well in an airtight container. I think they taste best when they're warm from the oven, but the possibilities are endless! I'd love to try these with some other sweet combination and when I posted a photo on Instagram, other people told me they tried something similar with garlic salt and other savoury spices which sounds delicious.
Cinnamon coated dessert nachos
- Melt butter in a small container. Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a separate bowl. Decant sugar onto a plate for easy coating,
- Cut the tortilla wraps into 8 triangles and brush with melted butter.
- Coat the triangles in cinnamon sugar mix and dust off excess before placing on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 180c for approx 10mins but keep an eye on them to ensure they don't burn. Once crisp, they will start to curl up from the baking sheet but the times will vary from oven to oven.
- Allow to cool for 5mins and pop on a plate. I drizzled mine with a water and icing sugar runny icing but you could use melted chocolate. fruit sauce, syrup etc
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.