This cookie recipe is my go-to recipe and it's so adaptable, you can add in any mix in of your choosing with great results. I've added in nuts, sprinkles, flavoured chips etc and each time they've turned out great.
After stuffing my cookies with Oreos and Nutella a few years back, I've been experimenting whenever I have some leftover chocolate and these Peanut Butter Cups and Marshmallows make a winning combination.
My one bit of cookie advice is to make sure your dough is thoroughly chilled or else your cookies will spread too much. I used to only leave the dough in the fridge for a few hours, but now I try and leave it overnight as it really does change the whole taste and consistency of the finished cookie.
I also refrigerate my peanut butter cups and marshmallows but be warned that these mini marshmallows do tend to disappear into the finished cookie so be sure to add lots (or slightly larger marshmallows) to ensure you have a gooey filled cookie.
- 125g butter, softened
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g chocolate chips
- 1 bag of mini Peanut Butter Cups (chilled)
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows (or standard marshmallows cut into smaller pieces)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line cookie sheet with baking paper.
2. Cream butter and sugars till pale and fluffy, once creamed, combine in the egg and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour and salt, then the chocolate chips or other 'mix in' of your choice.
4. Roll into golf ball sized rounds and press gently to flatten the cookies. They need to be large to hold the contents to experiment with the size that suits you.
5. Place your peanut butter cup in the centre along with some marshmallows then fold the rest of the cookie around your hidden centre. Be sure the place your cookie folded side down on the baking tray.
6. Bake for 7-10mins until the cookies are slightly brown around the edges.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet. Transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling and eat one whilst warm for a truly indulgent cookie experience!