I love recipes like this as they are made using things I always have in my cupboards and my boys love peanut butter so with the summer holidays just around the corner, I know I can make these as a treat to store in the cookie jar as they keep well for up to a week (if they last!).
The recipe recommends smooth peanut butter and I do advise trying it this way first, I'd love to try this with some add ins next and maybe substitute some chocolate chips for nuts?
|5 ingredients - that's it!!|
I can't even convey to you how good these are, so full of flavour and melt in your mouth. If you're a peanut butter fan you WILL love these. I still can't believe they're technically gluten free too!
Without further ado here's the recipe...
- 225g smooth peanut butter
- 200g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tablespoon vanilla extract (optional but I'm a vanilla addict!)
- 1teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150g grams dark chocolate chips
- Combine peanut butter, egg, vanilla and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add bicarbonate of soda and mix in until combined. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 1hr (you can leave th mixture up to 3 days)
- Preheat oven to 350F/180c, line 2 baking trays with baking parchment and using an ice cream scoop drop spoonfuls onto tray leaving approx 2" between cookies. Flatten *slightly* before baking.
- Bake for approx 10mins and be careful not to overbake as the cookies will harden as they cool. These cookies really are best eaten whilst soft and the brown sugar keeps them soft when stored in an airtight container.