|Apple crumble destined for the oven|
It takes about 30mins to cook and I take it out as I'm plating up dinner so it has a chance to cool slightly for the kids. Best served with a good quality vanilla ice cream although my husband keeps voting for custard one day...
|Dice up your apples - I make mine quite small for the kids|
|There is something so intoxicating about cinnamon scented flour, yummy!|
|Gone. In 10mins flat.|
- 300g plain flour
- 175g light brown sugar
- 200g unsalted butter, melted
- Butter for greasing the baking dish
- 450g peeled, cored and cut into 1cm/½in pieces
- 50g light brown sugar
- 1tbsp plain flour
- 1pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Drizzle in melted butter gradually, stirring with a fork as you go until all combined and resembling crumble consistency
- Place the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir well being careful not to break up the fruit.
- Butter a 24cm/9in ovenproof dish. Spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or other favourite accompaniment.